Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bones

I had heard that this was a good show and that I know quite a few people who watch it on a regular basis so when I saw it on Netflix, I decided to give it a shot.

Unfortunately, all the hype hurt the experience for me. I expected to be laughing all the time and marveling and the genius and witty writing. It was a let down to find otherwise. The plots are interesting, although there are some very gruesome scenes and shots. Don’t watch this show if you are sqeamish, and even if you aren’t, I don’t recommend eating while watching.

However, despite this disappointment, I have still continued to watch it. The character interactions are the strongest part of this show, and not just the interactions of the main characters but of the supporting cast as well. The main character, Dr. Brennan, often reminds me of House because of how smart she is and how she always seems to solve the situation.

I can’t address this show without pointing out Agent Booth, who happens to be Angel from Buffy. I have never ever found this man attractive and his large, overbearing forehead has always channeled an ugly caveman look. So it comes as a surprise when I find something about him that I like or feel any sort of small attraction for him, which happens more than I expected.

All in all, I’ll probably end up watching the whole first season, testing the waters to see if I fall in love with it as some other people have, or maybe I’ll quit when I find another interesting show to take its place.

No comments:

Post a Comment