Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Robin Hood

I’m pretty picky about what I spend my free time doing since it seems that I have so little of it. That being said, I hardly watch TV so when I do, I try to make sure it’s something that I enjoy.

Since I got all caught up with Legend of the Seeker, I thought I’d branch out a little bit and try something new. I saw Robin Hood on Netflix and decided to watch a couple of episodes.

It took about three to get really into it but the more time I spent with it, the more I grew to love it. It’s one of my favorites now. Robin Hood’s story has always fascinated me and the actors really bring the characters to life. I absolutely love the man who plays Robin, despite the slightly annoying gap in his front teeth, because he plays such a good leader. He’s good looking and charming and mischievous. Perfect characteristics for Robin.

The villain here, the Sheriff of Nottingham, is AWESOME. He’s one of my most favorite villains I’ve ever encountered. He’s evil and yet hilarious at the same time. Because I love him so much, I can’t actually hate him as the villain but he still does a fantastic job of terrorizing his part of England.

The weakness of this show is the fight scenes. They are pretty low budget. Yes, they do a good job showing how awesome Robin is at shooting arrows but the hand-to-hand combat has something to be desired. It’s pretty fake and the camera jumps around a lot to try and cover it up.

The script is hilarious and the actors do such a good job that they could be flinging around feathers and riding cardboard horses and I would still recommend this as an excellent series.

No comments:

Post a Comment