Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.

This is the first of a series of books. So far there are two, with the third one coming out very soon, but I’m not sure if there are more planned or not. Currently, I’m reading the second one called Catching Fire. These books are amazing!

It gives me the taste of 1984 mixed with some good old teenage romance. The plot is excellent and although I didn’t find it predictable, I did find it satisfying and that it resolved all my concerns with the characters.

Collins is an excellent writer in that her descriptions are clear and not overbearing. The text flows so nicely and is so exciting, it’s really hard to put it down. In fact, I found myself wanting to read it instead of playing my favorite video game and that’s pretty epic right there.

Also, if you love food, you’ll love this novel. She describes such yummy and delicious food that serves not only to make the experience feel more real but shows how grateful Katniss (the main character) is at having such wonderful food when she can get it.

There are no weaknesses. This book is pure perfection

No comments:

Post a Comment