Tuesday, June 29, 2010

House M.D.

Well, if you know me at all, you know I love House. I thought I’d just give voice to a few specific reasons why I love to watch this show.

I’m a strong believer in being able to say what you are thinking without being stoned for it or getting weird looks. Of course this is within reason as I don’t go around telling people rude opinions that aren’t important for them to know. However, people should be able to say what they think and feel about certain situations. If you think your friend isn’t dating someone good enough for them you should be able to tell them. Dancing around with words and trying to be all flattering and fake all the time is just retarded. That being said, I absolutely love how honest House can be. He is overly rude and I probably wouldn’t appreciate being around him in person but I love watching him in a safe setting far away on TV. His truths are very real and can therefore be brutal but sometimes they are essential and important for the patients/coworkers to hear. House helps define the other characters by being honest with them and not letting any secrets stay hidden.

Another aspect about this show I love is the hidden psychology behind everything everyone does. Peopledo have motives and schemes in their heads and it’s just naive to think otherwise. I’d love to be able to be as perceptive as House is but we all know that he reads a script and has an upper hand in that the writer tells him what to think and know about other people. But that doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate the awesomeness of his character and I still wish I could do that in real life.

One weakness I will admit is that the plot of every episode, as far as the patients are concerned, is the same. He always has this “aha!” moment that you can clearly see on his face as he is talking to someone else about something in the subplot that is going on. That being said, I still love it and joke around when he has that moment but we all know that the patients aren’t the real reason we love and watch this show. It’s about the characters and their interactions with each other.

In this last season there was an episode all about Cuddy. She had an absolutely horrible day starting with her child being sick in the morning and it just spiraled down hill from there. I loved this episode because it mixed up the general same plot type that we always see and also gave a whole new spin on the characters. We didn’t see much of Dr. House the whole time but when we did, he wasn’t that awesome character that we love. He was an awful annoyance that made you cringe when he walked into the office. It gave me a whole new perspective and appreciation for Cuddy. She is an amazing giving and caring woman who is smart and knows what’s right. That hospital is lucky to have her.

And you know it is true: everyone lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment